Applicants must prove they can work remotely, using telecoms. Applicants must also be third country nationals.
In addition, applicants must prove they fall under any one of the following 3 categories:
- work for an employer registered in a foreign country and have a contract of work;
- conduct business activities for a company registered in a foreign country and of which applicant is partner/shareholder; or
- offer freelance or consulting services, to clients whose permanent establishments are in a foreign country, and with whom the applicant has contracts.
Persons contracted by a foreign company and giving services to the company’s Maltese subsidiary are not eligible for the Nomad Residence Permit.
Moreover, an applicant must have a minimum gross yearly income of €32,400.
Applicants must also:
- hold a valid travel document;
- have health insurance covering risks in Malta;
- hold of a valid property rental or purchase agreement; and
- pass a background verification check.
Standard rules and procedures for obtaining visas and similar permits apply, in addition to the proof of eligibility.
Covid-19 travel restrictions may apply. Prior to applying ensure to consult with national guidelines updated from time to time. Information may be found on the Health Department’s Official website.
nomadic life; nomad traveller; nomadic state of mind; Europe